Thursday, October 21, 2004

Bubbilicious...or maybe not

Why is it that we have to turn everything into something Christian? I don't get it. We can't just have coffee houses, we have to have Christian coffee houses. And what about those testamints? Tell me, can a mint really be Christian or non-Christian in the first place? Don't get me started on Christian t-shirts - has anyone ever accepted Christ because they saw His name written in the Coca-Cola font? What is wrong with this sub-culture we have created. Shouldn't we be a counter-culture instead? Well, all these rantings are due to this. Why can't Christians be a part of culture and transform it, instead of always creating something separate. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate coffee houses that advertise themselves as Christian, they have their place. It's just this tendency to run for cover from the world that I'm talking about. Why can't Christians Rock the Vote right alongside non-Christians? Instead, we blow this big bubble and hop inside, with the hopes that nothing outside will come in and infect us. Sometimes, we just need our bubbles busted.

Christie
posted by Anonymous
Home