Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Haste Makes Waste

The old adage remains true.

Rick and I got home from Florida yesterday evening, and being the domestic goddess that I am I decided to stuff all of our laundry in the washer instead of waiting until it piled up even more later in the week. In my fury, I decided not to check any of the pockets for random items that don't go through the laundry well. After putting my first load in the dryer I was in the kitchen and heard that sound - that noise in the dryer that you know is more than buttons and zippers clanging around. I opened the door and immediately saw a pen. Not just any pen - one of those that is liquid inside. I was relieved to see that amazingly, none of it had spilled out! But for some reason, I opened the cap - you know the rest of the story.

After scrubbing my hands with hairspray (it is supposed to remove ink, right?), comet, alcohol, fingernail polish remover, and my final resort - gasoline - they are still stained. I guess I will have to wear it off...

Oh, and by the way, if you are desiring to beautify your phalanges - comet is definitely not the trick.

Christie
posted by Anonymous
Home