Thursday, October 28, 2004

Mean Girls (& boys, too)

After a lot of thought, I have come to the conclusion that church people are some of the meanest that I know. Oh, but I guess it's okay. Remember, God's Word does tell us that all people will know we are Christ's disciples by all the times we come to church, right? Oh, my mistake they'll know by our starched khaki's and dress shirts, is that it? Or is it those great Bible studies we teach? What is the problem with the church? Where is the love? I don't remember Jesus tellng anybody how to comb their hair, or that they should wear dress pants instead of track pants. I remember Jesus reaching out to people despite their race, occupation or reputation. What are we doing to ourselves? Where is Christ in our church? In our lives? How have we settled for this mere form of godliness? I want more, more than rules, more than a facade - more than religion...

Christie
posted by Anonymous
Home