Sunday, October 31, 2004

No treat here, just a trick

I'm kind of neutral about Halloween. I realize that almost all of the holidays we celebrate have pagan origins and yes, Rick and I do carve an occasional jack-o-lantern. One thing that does bother me though is that so many churches (ours included) will have these activities, where they dress up, get candy, etc...but, they call them Fall Festivals, or Halelujah Harvests. I think these people should be held at gunpoint until they call their Halloween parties, Halloween parties. It's as if they call it something else it will become something else. It's a stinkin' Halloween party and just call it that and have fun. If you must name it something else, at least call it a Reformation party. Then you can fix a Diet of Worms cake and play Pin the 95 Theses on the Wittenburg Door.

Christie
posted by Anonymous
Home