Friday, October 22, 2004

Religion, Politics and the American Way

I have just been informed that the most recent addition to my front yard's landscape - a Bush Cheney yard sign - has been deemed offensive by some members of my church.
Granted, I am FORCED to live in a home that the church owns and therefore my home is technically church property, and yes, my driveway and the church's sidewalk do share concrete.

BUT IT IS STILL MY HOUSE AND MY YARD AS LONG AS I AM FORCED TO LIVE THERE, after all, I have to mow it.

So why, can't I put up a sign with the candidate of my choice on it?

Maybe I'm offended that someone in my church is offended by a George W sign.

Maybe I'm offended by a church member's Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker.

Maybe I'm offended that I'm forced to live in a house the church owns.

but I am not allowed to be offended, because, I'm a church staff member, right?
posted by Anonymous
Home