Friday, November 12, 2004

"I got my first real six string..."

Okay, I am learning to play the guitar. I've wanted to for a while, but never bad enough to sit down and do it. Also, complicating the matter was that Rick's guitar has a pretty wide neck, and I have very short fingers - I just couldn't manage it. So, I got a new guitar (mine's black, not wood-tone like the pic)- nothing really fancy, but it's nice. It's a thinbody acoustic/electric. It sounds great and the thin neck makes it so much easier for me to play than a big bulky one. It's actually going pretty well (except that the tips of my fingers on my left hand are red and inflamed), I've got my first few chords down and am already playing several songs. It certainly doesn't sound perfect, but it's not totally awful.

Christie

posted by Anonymous
Home