Monday, November 01, 2004

More than conquerors?

This year I have accomplished several things that I always doubted I ever would be able to do. I graduated college, finally. I worked my first full time job, at a bank, counting money and was able to overcome my fear of mathematics. I took a swimming class and actually learned how to do more than doggy paddle - and I even put several icy slopes in the mountains of West Virginia under my subjugation. However, I have now been presented with a new skill to learn that is kicking my butt! The newest motor vehicle addition to our family was obviously made for a man...it's a stick shift. Wouldn't it be so much easier to just let the car change gears for you instead of having to do it yourself? This Jeep is obviously sexist - because the clutch and the gas work for Rick - but they become stubborn and rebellious as soon as I hop in the drivers seat. This will be a long road for me...and probably even a longer one for Rick.

Christie
posted by Anonymous
Home