Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Yes, I am a food critic...

I am seriously bothered by something. There is a Waffle King next door to my work - and I ran over there today to grab a cheeseburger for lunch. As you enter the building, there is a marker board on a stand and today the cigarette smoke actually had thinned out enough that I could read it. Written in chicken scratch was their "Special" - a steak combo. Okay, not that I would especially go to Waffle King for a steak, but if I happened to be craving one at 3am - I might think about it. Well, I don't know if they think they have cornered the market on steak in Hazlehurst, or what - but the price for this thing was $21.95! Remember, this is Waffle King. I don't care how good it might be, I am not paying $20 for anything from there. For me to pay more than $10 for my food, I at least need to experience some degree of ambiance and the last time I checked, Waffle King didn't have any. I am hoping, in my heart of hearts, that the sign merely contained a transposition and the steak was supposed to be $12.95. Even then, it better be good...

Christie
posted by Anonymous
Home