Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Open mouth --> Insert foot

I'm really pretty sheltered. Naive at times. Occassionaly, I'll hear a comment, that I know is supposed to be dirty, but I don't exactly understand. I then have to get Rick to explain for me. However, there are times that I say things, completely innocently, but it's taken the wrong way and I don't even realize it until it's too late. Like yesterday. I was having a conversation with Rick, our pastor and another fella - we were talking about lunch - seems safe, doesn't it? Think again. I said something that I meant one way - and although they knew what I meant - it sounded as if I meant something else that was totally embarassing. I don't think the one guy got it, but our pastor's eyes immediately grew as big as saucers and it was obvious that he was having a difficult time containing his laughter. I quickly excused myself from the conversation and hid - hoping that the comment would somehow be forgotten by my pastor. That it would be removed from his mind, as far as the east is from the west. Unfortunately, it wasn't - and I'll never live it down. But, for the next month, he said he wouldn't even be able to look me in the eye, so I'm off the hook for a while at least.

Christie
posted by Anonymous
Home