Thursday, March 31, 2005

the change of life

After reading about the changing of Wendy's tastebuds, I thought I would chronicle my own.

Until a few months ago, I would have considered bacon to be one of my all time favorite foods. Breakfast, lunch, dinner - didn't matter. On a sandwich, by itself, on a salad - couldn't of cared less. I would eat it prepared any way, on anything at any time. But all of a sudden something changed. Now, the very smell of the product turns my stomach. It's not that it ever made me sick or I had a bad experience - just one day Rick brought me a BLT for lunch and I couldn't even put down half of it. Since then, I don't even like to think about it. If I never have to see or sniff the fatty pork product again, I will be happy woman.

On the flip side, there is feta cheese. A couple years ago I would have fought someone over that stuff even getting near me. The texture, the aroma - all of it was yuck to me. I didn't even like to watch other people consume it. However now, although I don't eat it by itself, I love it on or in other foods. When we were in Seattle last month I ate this Greek salad that had fresh feta on it and I nearly perished in delight. And me ordering Greek salad is a whole different story in itself, a year or so ago, I wouldn't have eaten any of that either.

So, needless to say, my tastes, they are a changing. Olives and sauerkraut are still on my bad list, but you never know...
posted by Christie
Home