Monday, April 11, 2005

acclimation at its finest...

I think we are officially acclimated to life here in south georgia.

As you may or may not know, the fine dining options around these parts are quite limited. If it isn't served on a buffet under a sneeze guard, cooked in under 3 minutes, laden with fat, grease and lard, or the sandwich that made Jared rich... you probably aren't going to find it on the menu of a local restaurant. And so Christie and I try to do our best when eating out - carefully picking and choosing our way through the local menus and becoming very bored with the same ol' - same ol'.

So, this past weekend, the opportunity arose for us to try a new restaurant. Granted, we had to drive nearly 45 minutes to get there, but we gave it a try and then found ourselves excited at our new find...

The restaurant you ask?

Carr's Diner - a locally owned and operated soul food joint.

I had fried quail, fried green tomatoes, fried flapjacks (that's really thin fried cornbread ), BBQ baked beans, a salad and a baked potato and of course, washed it all down with a tall glass of sweet tea.

Notice the commonality among the food here - fried... but I must admit it was good.

Christie on the other hand was a little more well behaved, she ordered spaghetti - and then tried each of my items, which she admitted she liked better than her plate of pasta.

The point - I'm a little scared at what is becoming of me...
so today - I had a salad for lunch and I plan to hit the gym hard in the morning.
posted by Rick
Home