Sunday, May 01, 2005

been there, have the t-shirt

it's over.

the planning. the preparation. the teaching. the food. the middle school boys.

DiscipleNOW at First Baptist Church Hazlehurst is officially over, you may now go to sleep.

I love DiscipleNOW Weekends. In fact, they are one of my favorite weekends of the year. But this year was rough. We were forced to reschedule 5 - yes, FIVE - times as a result of major schedule conflicts: Band Festival, Tennis Tourney's, FBLA tournament, etc. We secured leaders with only 2 1/2 weeks to spare, and host homes were only finalized with three days remaining until kick off. We cancelled the large worship rallies, no guest speaker, no band, no stage decorations, not even a guitar. Saturday's Severe Storm Warnings caused us to cancel the relay race we had planned - though we did mangae to squeeze in the canoe relay - and we even found evidence of someone smoking in the bathroom - yet no evidence left as to who the culprit was...

And in spite of it all, God still moved. I think the greatest compliment came when some of our senior students told me that this was the best DiscipleNOW yet. Another reminder of God's sovereignty in my life and the fact that my best plans can never match His.

And to top off an already exciting weekend, I had the priviledge of baptizing a student and his mother who have recently come to know Christ.

Thank you for being such a faithful Father.

now let me go clean up the kitchen.
posted by Rick
Home