Monday, May 23, 2005

compliments to the chef

When I think about cooking, it seems like something that I would like to do. But when it actually comes to scrounging up a recipe and firing up the stove, the unappealingness of it all begins to set in. As much as I strive toward domestic goddessness, in the end, I usually fall short. However, despite my less than desirous attitude toward contriving meals for just my husband and myself - I somehow ended up preparing spaghetti for 250 this weekend! Thankfully, spaghetti is one of the few things that I cook pretty well. So, here I am, someone who usually won't even cook 1 pound of hamburger - instead cooking 40! Had the event not been to raise money for our youth to go on a mission trip this summer, I probably would have resorted to my usual attitude toward the preparing of food and just taken everyone out to eat. But somehow, I think that would have defeated the purpose. Anyway, I now have a new found respect for anyone who attempts to cook in bulk proportions and will consider my work yesterday to have made up for all past failures in the food preparation department.
posted by Christie
Home