Monday, May 30, 2005

a new warning label

Whenever we were moving, I ran across one of those little bags of silica beads - you know, the thing that come inside that packet in your new box of shoes? Well, I thought nothing of it and for the meantime set the miniature sack on the bathroom counter of our new house. Little did I know, that the ramifications of that seemingly insignificant act would haunt me for weeks to come. As we continued to move our things - the silica beads remained precisely where they had been placed. Honestly, I never gave them another thought. At this point, the only trashcan we had was a large outdoor one in the garage that was filled with remnants from our wood floors and other building material - so the silica beads didn't get thrown away. Well, days passed, and when I least suspected it, the foolishness of my actions became surpassingly evident. Through some series of events unknown to me - the infernal bag of desiccant material busted open upon the floor of our fine lavatory. I don't know if you've ever tried, and I wouldn't reccomend it for kicks, but rounding up the exorbitant amount of individual beads in one of those packages is not as easy as it may seem. In fact, several months have spanned the event and the present - and I've yet to command authority over several of the elusive jokers that have made their home in the corners and crevices of my home. And I thought eating those things was dangerous...
posted by Christie
Home