Wednesday, June 01, 2005

it's positively summer

Finally summer is here. I was reminded of that as we traveled through a podunk hollerish south Georgia town this past weekend. The electronic bank sign in the middle of town flashed, "+90 degrees." Thankfully, someone clarified the positive thing because I had questions of whether or not the continual sweat gushing from my brow wasn't possibly due to negative temperatures. Nothing like stating the obvious. Also, a reminder of the impending solstice is my hair that now has conspicuous blonde streaks throughout. As much as I'd like for it to be due to our trip to the beach this past weekend - it really has more to do with a bottle, but oh well. Ah, and flilp flops. I wear them mostly year round anyway, but now they can be enjoyed to their fullest extent. I've been on a several week long pilgrimage trying to find the perfect pair of flops - but as of yet, they have eluded me. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the sun, the heat and probably not the steam, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
posted by Christie
Home