Sunday, July 17, 2005

country come to town

Just in case some of you didn't know...we live in the middle of nowhere. We are two, count em' two, hours from a mall, restaurants, Target, etcetera. When we first moved here, someone told us about this great mall only forty-five minutes away. I was elated. However, when I arrived and saw that Goody's was the main store in this "mall" - I realized that the person who'd directed me there had obviously been isolated for far to lengthy a period of time. Well, the misfortune of our locale has caused us to greatly enjoy our trips to the big city, however few and far between they may be. We've recently realized though, just how bad it's gotten. We received a gift certificate at Christmas for one of our favorite restaurants - and only this weekend did we actually get to use it. And after all the wait, I ended up getting sick to my stomach and leaving Rick in the restaurant to eat while I went outside and laid down in the vehicle. I did, at least, get to enjoy my bruschetta before the nausea hit...and a trip to the mall. And nope, there wasn't a Goody's in this one. Thankfully.
posted by Christie
Home