Wednesday, August 10, 2005

family matters

I'm sure that being a parent isn't easy. Infact, I'm convinced that it's probably one of the toughest jobs on earth. I know that some people deal with almost impossible situations everyday that make it a struggle to adequately care for the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of their kids. Yet, those facts still don't excuse the behavior exhibited by so many these days who embark upon the journey of parenthood. I often wonder what it is that goes through the minds of people when they fail to love and support their children. I see so many kids, who, with only a small amount of encouragement, could be saved from a lifetime of pain and hurt and failure. It's amazing to me the kids who even come from "good" homes, yet still don't feel affirmed and unconditionally loved. I don't really know the magic answer. I don't know what to do with the massive amount of kids who feel rejected and depressed and who will never have a good relationship in their entire life because of what their parents modeled. If only there were a quick fix...I would start administering it.
posted by Christie
Home