Thursday, August 04, 2005

finally tuned in

Back in November, I picked up the guitar, for what was really the second time. I'd done the same thing months before, but for some reason, never really grasped the basic concepts. I gave up within a few days and didn't think I would ever return to the instrument. However, through a series of events, I again was drawn to play. For whatever reason, this time, the guitar and I seemed to connect. And although I still need a ton of work, there has been an amazing amount of progress. So much infact, that next Wednesday night I am going to begin playing for the youth service at church. We're going to start off pretty simple, with songs like Here I am to Worship, How Deep the Fathers Love, Once Again and maybe even a few old hymns. We have some kids who could, at some point, potentially play other instruments along with me, and so hopefully, this is just the beginning...
posted by Christie
Home