Friday, August 12, 2005

it's a tough job

I intended to post this Friday Five a couple weeks ago, but forgot. So, here it is.

1. What was your first job?
Working in the Student Life Assebly Center at The Baptist College of Florida. It was an interesting job where I spent most of my time playing ping-pong and shooting down the advances of strange guys who wrote poetry for me, took out their teeth to impress me, and sang songs for me like "Unchained Melody."

2. How much did you make?
Only minimum wage, but I got to work about 30 hours/week, so it was enough for gas, eating out and a little shopping. You know, first things first.

3. Describe your least favorite co-worker of all time.
Well, I've only ever had two experiences in working alongside other people. And of course, most of them were women, so naturally they were all back-biting, rude and two-faced. Just goes with the territory.

4. What is your dream job?
My dream job would be to teach Church History or World Religions at a small college somewhere. Or maybe just to stay home and eat bon bons and watch Oprah all day. It really is a toss up.

5. What do you currently do and do you like it?
Currently, I manage the office of a privately owned hotel. Sometimes I get to do a little PR and advertising work also. Most days I don't desire to harm too many people, but having to get up at 5 a.m. sometimes contributes to me being mean, short-tempered and basically, pretty ill.
posted by Christie
Home