Wednesday, September 28, 2005

your young men will dream dreams...

I don't know when these things first began.

I remember sometime around 6th Grade having a recurring dream that haunted me for months. The dream consisted of me being chased by a whale through an ocean covered in grid marks. I could stop from time to time and hang onto the intersecting lines, but if I rested too long, the whale would get too close and I would awake just before being swallowed whole.

As I've grown older, the dreams have become progressively worse - and sometimes violent. Often, Christie has found me wandering the house, eating candy and talking profusely.

Last night, I struck again. This week has been hectic. A series of events has left us somewhat short of our preferred 5-6 hours, let alone the recommended 8. And whenever I get exhausted, the nightmares come.

To tell you the truth, I don't remember what was happening. I just remember waking to a panicked Christie, a cold sweat, and a racing heart as I was crouched down in the corner of the room, trying to open the door and screaming at the top of my lungs. It seems there were other people in the room - though I'm not sure who. And if I'm not mistaken, there were numerous dead dogs being thrown on top of me.

What does this mean? I'm not sure.

Usually the dreams are a little less dramatic and less intense. They've ranged from me talking about salsa and rats, to me warning Christie of people peering through our bedroom windows, to me even playing a game show with the alarm clock (to which I awoke Christie with the statement: "Bill Clinton and Al Gore respectively" - the alarm clock was showing their birthdays, of course).

Whatever the case, I'm pretty certain this is not what the Spirit was testifying to in Acts. I've yet to find any hidden meaning, deeper meaning or spiritual meaning to the dreams, nightmares and sleep walking. So I'll keep dreaming and searching and scaring my wife.
posted by Rick
Home