Wednesday, October 26, 2005

For a long list of different reasons, Fall is my favorite time of year. Although I love the warmth of summer, there is something about the cold, crisp air of Autumn that invigorates me. Strangely, I consider a field full of dead, brown grass and barren trees to be just as beautiful, if not more so, than one covered in the new growth of Spring.

Things just happen as the last few months of the year wind down that don't seem to take place any other time. Like last night. You could sit on our back patio with a cup of hot chocolate, smell the aroma of burning leaves, and watch our neighbors through a line of pines as they enjoyed a bonfire and played the banjo. Even though, at least for us, this is one of our busiest times of the year, it's easier for me to relax and and reflect on God, life and myself.

posted by Christie
posted by Christie
Home