Wednesday, October 12, 2005

franklin v. tanner

Rick loves to watch UFC. And although it's definitely not my favorite, and I would never watch it by myself - I'm learning to enjoy it because he does. However, the other day we saw a fight between Rich Franklin and Evan Tanner that was almost over the edge for me. Usually, fights in the UFC end with a submission or knockout - and although the fighters can get pretty beat up - there's not often lots of blood and I can handle the gore level. However, when Franklin finished pummeling Tanner for four rounds, the poor guy could hardly see from the swelling and blood pouring down his face. Of course, I hid my eyes behind a pillow, while Rick planted himself in the middle of the living room floor, cheering Franklin on in his conquest. And now tell me men aren't different than women.
posted by Christie
Home