Friday, October 21, 2005

starbucks stirs things up

A while back Starbucks began a campaign entitled, "The Way I See It." Basically, the effort centers around printing quotes of writers, artists and philosophers on Starbucks coffee cups. You may remember the controversy that surrounded quote #43, by Armistead Maupin. In the quote he stated, "My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don't make that mistake yourself. Life is too da-- short." Now, one more notable, with a somewhat different opinon on life than Maupin, can officially be added to the list of those whose thoughts will be printed on Starbucks steaming cups of joe. Yep, it's none other than Rick Warren. Although the exact quote is yet to be released, it's rumored that it will be something from The Purpose Driven Life. You can read more here.
posted by Christie
Home