Friday, October 07, 2005

weather reporting

I'm not quite sure that I understand the obsession that the elderly possess concerning the weather (note, not wether). Maybe it's because they grew up in a more agricultural centered society than exists today, but whatever the case, I always get a good laugh out of their constant meteorological concern. You let one drop of rain fall from the sky and bam! They're automatically on alert and in the process of calling all their friends to see if it's raining at their place. If you even walk near an older person, you can sense that they're waiting with baited breath to report the two inches of rain they received yesterday. Oh, and speaking of rain gauges. They're checked hourly, if not bi-hourly. I've actually considered getting one so I could have something interesting to talk about with them, but have so far resisted the urge.
posted by Christie
Home