Tuesday, October 25, 2005

We've endured the last three winters without a trace of central heat. And although it doesn't get extremely cold where we live, it can get pretty nippy some days. For a host of reasons including bad duct work, we have relied exclusively on space heaters to warm our house. And they actually did a decent job, until you unplug them, leave for a week and return to a sub-zero degree house. After getting back from one trip, I remember cranking up the heaters and having to snuggle with Rick on the couch, in my ski jacket and thermals, until I got warm. Some days, it got kind of miserable. However, since moving and purchasing our new house, this year will be an entirely different story. I promise, I will enjoy instant warmth more than I ever have before.
posted by Christie
Home