Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pelagianism was a belief that arose around the 5th century that taught the goodness of man and freedom of the human will. And if we're all honest, we have to admit that many in our churches today, whether knowingly or not, at least espouse some form of Semi-Pelagianism. So, here's a hymn for them.

Songs For the Pelagian Hymnal

My Hope is Built on Nothing Much

My hope is built on nothing much
But my freewill, a broken crutch
And Jesus promises to save
Conditioned on how I behave

Chorus:
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
And also works of my own hand
And also works of my own hand

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace…
And my good choice to follow Him
Freewill cleanses me of all my sin

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood…
But not his promises alone
Atonement alone can’t get me home

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in Him be found
Unless I forsake and turn away
Maybe I’ll come back some other day


Thanks to Robin for this.
posted by Christie
Home