Thursday, December 01, 2005

So, two posts in two days. I'm on a roll.

I think it might be time for me to admit something to all of you. You may find it shocking, scary and a little disappointing, but it is true. Christie and I have been long time fans of reality television. Why? I'm not sure, but we seem to find it all somewhat fascinating. It may have first begun with the movie The Truman Show or perhaps even with Ed TV. However, at some point in time we suddenly started watching such shows and found ourselves sucked in.

So, Tuesday night - before The Real World reunion - we happened upon the season finale of NBC's The Biggest Loser, a show we had never watched before.

The show ended with the top three finalist competing to lose the largest percentage of weight and the winner receiving a check for $200,000.

It was crazy to see the before and after photos, so I thought I'd throw them up here to give you a little encouragement for your New Year's Resolutions and to divert your attention from the fact that I like Reality TV.

Matt - the winner

Before at 40% body fat

After at 2.8% body fat

Seth - runner up

Before at 42.9% body fat

and After at 3.6% body fat

It's wild when you realize these guys lost around 45% of their original body weight.

Now, go hit the gym, after you bash me for watching these shows.

posted by Rick
Home