Thursday, December 08, 2005

This morning was one of those mornings. Mainly because last night was one of those nights. I didn't get to sleep until close to 2 - and that wouldn't have been quite so tragic if I wasn't supposed to get up for work just three short hours later. Well, sometime during the middle of the night I guess I decided that I needed more sleep - and in an obvious state of delirium - I decided to reset my alarm clock. I only remember the incident vaguely, but somehow instead of changing what time the alarm went off, I managed to instead, turn it off completely. Imagine that. Thankfully, Mom saved the day. I told her last night that I would give her a call this morning, and at 6:35 when she hadn't heard from me (and I should have already been on my way to work), she called and interrupted my extra hour and a half of rest. Upon gaining coherence, I realized that I was going to be terribly late. However, in lightning speed, I brushed my teeth, got showered, flat-ironed my hair, put on my make-up, picked out something to wear and let Rick iron it for me (thanks Honey), and was out the door in only 19 minutes! A record for me. So, I guess the moral of the story is that I either need to get more sleep, or put my alarm clock somewhere where I won't have such easy access to it. Both would probably be helpful.
posted by Christie
Home