Friday, December 16, 2005

This year the gift is wood - which means today, Christie and I celebrate our 5th Anniversary. It's hard to believe we've already been married for five years. It seems like just a few days ago that Michael and I were smoking cigars outside the hotel in Cross City discussing love, life and marriage. It seems like just a few moments ago, when I turned to see Christie coming down the aisle - what a beautiful bride she was. And today, my love for her has reached a capacity I did know existed on this day, five years ago. It's amazing to me that my love for her can continue to grow daily, how with each passing moment we share, each time I discover something new about her, each new memory we create - I continue to love her more. And so I understand, that even though loving her more than I do today is impossible, when we are celebrating six years my love will have reached a new height and I cannot fathom what love will be like at 50 years. So today, I celebrate my wife and best friend, Christie Ross Garrett, and thank her for five of the best years of my life. Happy Anniversary!
posted by Rick
Home