Monday, March 13, 2006

We have been busy the past several days. Last week we realized that a nagging drainage problem in our yard had to be solved quickly. So Rick spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday carefully removing a 12 inch x about 40 foot section of sod, digging a trench, backfilling it with rock and installing a drainage pipe. I assisted through things like moral support, making sweet tea and providing interesting conversation. In the end, it was actually quite sad that we spent several hundred dollars on something that we buried.

In other news, this is the last week I will be employed at my current job. Logically, my quitting is not a great move, but we believe it's where God is leading us. Despite all the good reasons telling me I probably should work, we feel that there are better reasons why I shouldn't. I don't know what the future holds, but for now, I'm going to enjoy staying home, ironing Rick's clothes, cooking exquisite dinners, and basically refining my skills as a domestic goddess. It should be fun.
posted by Christie
Home